Technoprenuership

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Realization in the Pirates of the Silicon Valley


One afternoon, our instructor (though he is a doctor but he preferred not to called ‘doc’) let us watch the movie "Pirates of the Silicon Valley" as part of our study in Technopreneurship(an IT Elective subject). After we watched the movie, our instructor that we hid his name by calling him Randy, gave us an assignment due a week after. Randy gave us these following questions:



1. What are the factors that contributed to the success and failure of Steve Jobs as a technopreneur?
2. How do you see yourself as a technopreneur?
3. Would you take the same career path that Steve Jobs took? Why or why not?

1. What are the factors that contributed to the success and failure of Steve Jobs as a technopreneur?

This question initial takes the positive part of Steve Jobs but for the benefit of justifying every action I will be weighing his good approach with the negative ones.
But first let us define what is technoprenuer or technoprenuership. A technoprenuer is an entrepreneur who is technology savvy, creative, innovative, dynamic, dares to be different and take the unexplored path, and very passionate about their work. They take challenges and strive to lead their life with greater success. *
My answer to the no. 1 question is the guts and wit of Steve Jobs that made him a successful technoprenuer, though in the end he was outwitted by Bill Gates his prime competitor that he thought that International Business Machine(IBM) would be the enemy, back to the question, his creative ideas and shrewdness lead him to the peak of his career as a technoprenuer, he vied even he faces failures in his work, he didn’t mind about his setbacks but pressed onward to his goal, also he was clever in his decision and moves. He dared even stealing somebody’s work though I strongly disgust in his action, the creator of the idea would credit but he didn’t do that. However, this would take as a positive thing as a technoprenuer, that we should dare on things that can help us achieve our goal and not by pirating other’s work.
The Steve Jobs bio, and the tale of the life of a man whose career would rebound more times than many critics, began in San Francisco, California on February 24, 1955. His mother is an American while his father is a Syrian, Jobs was put up for adoption by his parents the week after his arrival in this world. Taken in by Paul and Clara Jobs of Mountain View, California, because of this Steve consider that his real and only parents are Paul and Clara. And to elaborate it furthermore I will be listing some of his successes in his life as a technoprenuer. On June 12, 2005, graduates of Stanford University were treated to Apple founder Steve Jobs’ Commencement address. Steve Jobs was a college dropout from college, Jobs shared to the students in their commencement program by starting it by saying, “Truth be told, this is the closest I’ve ever gotten to a college graduation.” And yet Steve Jobs was hailed in that day as a proud Stanford University, he gained respect from the people because Steve Jobs inspite of his history as a student became successful in the world of computers. And also Steve Jobs was invited to the Ivy League school to deliver a speech and share his advice, encouragement and experience with the soon to be leaders of their generation.
First, the well - known motto of Steve Jobs is “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else’s life,” this motto of Steve Jobs brought him to the top of his, this constituted in his career to become a billionaire in his young age of 17.
Steve Jobs is keen observer that after seeing the work of Wozniak in creating a computer, Steve Jobs seized the opportunity of that computer in how it could gain respect in the market. And there Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak began their million trips to success.
Again Steve Jobs said “You have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future,” and “You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” the strong personality of Steve Jobs was part of his success formula.
Steve Jobs said “The only way to do great work is to love what you do,” and “If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” Yes, his determination was great and loving what you do is one of the keys that Steve Jobs used.
Steve Jobs in his 17 years of age quoted “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right.” And “Whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something,” searching for answer for all his concerns, he never stop to search for greater possibilities as a technoprenuer.
Steve Jobs said “Innovation is the distinction between a leader and a follower,” Steve Jobs displayed his character as a strong leader, and a leader that always see innovation from their past work. Steve Jobs was relentless in having innovation and his company and as the CEO or the leader of Apple Steve Jobs knew what is the rule of the leader.
Steve Jobs said “The broader one’s understanding of the human experience, the better designs we will have,” Steve Jobs also look up to his past experiences, as a human being Steve Jobs knew that perfection was too hard to have and bound to failures but Steve Jobs looked to the past failures and made it his driving force in perfecting his formula as a successful technoprenuer.
Steve Jobs once said “I want to put a dent in the universe,” his boldness and big self – confident. I can imagine from Apple 1 to Macintosh and now the Ipod, Steve Jobs is conquering the universe.
Steve Jobs in his young age at 21 years old started one of the leading companies in computer up this day. Because of the initiative of Steve Jobs, Apple Company grew to become a leader and an innovator in computer around the globe, and also they are producing great software for their clients as well as leading in the electronics industry. Eventually, the Apple Company headed by Steve Job is ranked as the number 159 on the Fortune 500 yearly ranking of America’s largest corporations for 2006, with over $13.9 billion in revenues and almost 20,000 employees. Today, Steve Jobs continues to serve as the company’s Chief Executive Officer and doing well in his management in the company.
Steve Jobs loved this quote “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” When the billionaire technopreneur and Apple founder was 17 years old, because of that quote Steve Jobs recalls it as the quote that continues to make a lasting impression on him to until this day. That quote became Steve Jobs’ solid concept at heart when he was diagnosed in 2004 for having a cancer.

And here are some of my articles as part of my endeavors in attaining to be a successful technoprenuer someday.

http://webupon.com/search-engines/money-and-google-adsense/
http://writinghood.com/online-writing/earning-articles-best-formula/
My affiliate site www.ericpapasit.info
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers



Reference:
http://www.evancarmichael.com/Famous-Entrepreneurs/568/summary.php



2. How do you see yourself as a technopreneur?

Well, this question will be impacting to me as a technopreneur, will be impacting me somehow whether today or in the future.
My answer to the no. 2 question would be demanding to me as a technoprenuer because it will constitute to my challenges as a beginner that will try to achieve the highest possibility for me. It came to my mind after watching the movie entitled Pirate of the Silicon Valley that I could also achieve what Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did achieve in the world of technoprenuership by doing what is best but I will try my best to do it in the right way unlike to what they have done. In fact, I am applying it now by doing some online business and like Steve Jobs mindset in his early age and even until now, is to be positive on the footsteps and track that I follow in the world of technoprenuer. And also it is critical for me to know the people around me, whether they will be my enemy or not unlike what happened to Steve Jobs that in the first place he gave his sole trust to Bill Gates who in return betrayed Steve Jobs by creating the Windows version of Operating System that was almost the same features and tools of the Macintosh of Steve Jobs.
And also I’d noticed in the movie that as part of being a technoprenuer I should also check my attitude every now and then whether it will become favorable to me as well as to others, based on the life of Steve Jobs, his attitude and corrupt character pulled him down and gave drawbacks in his career. And also learned that to be a successful technoprenuer I should value my friends or even if I have my employees I should build good and strong relationship, appreciating them in every contribution that they shared for the edification of the establishment or the company, especially with the one that I directly working with in every instance.
Nonetheless, I was very inspired by the determination and perseverance of Steve Jobs as well as with Bill Gates, and also I would like to emphasize that Bill Gates has the more will than Steve Jobs because his Microsoft is far smaller than Apple I and also Bill Gates suited his office in the midst of Albuquerque which is that time was very unpopular area for any business or establishing any office while Steve Jobs’ company towered in the city and Steve Jobs’ Apple Company is far richer and have the complete facility than of Bill Gates. But Bill Gates showed strong will to compete and even intruding the company of Steve Jobs. And because of that Bill Gates surpass Steve Jobs and even gaining shares in the Apple Company. And it impacted me to have the will also in every endeavor that I will make in the world of technoprenuership.
Furthermore, to be a technoprenuer I have to be vigilant in the world of market, I should look into the latest trend and technology. The fact that our technology is in fast track that even every day there are new releases in the market. Then I have to be critical in all my decision, in relation to my field of interest like Steve Jobs I have to love what I am doing. I have to vie for the best and never stop excelling in my fields; I have to be strong to face the challenges that will emerges in the world of technoprenuership. And also I have to note that there are several technoprenuer out there that will dare more than me but I will not be affected by them instead I have to focus on the place I am standing and see if I could make further innovation to upgrade my product and services. As a technoprenuer I will not stop in learning from others especially in all my failures that will try to bring me down.
Though, Steve Jobs is successful in the field of technoprenuer but he is not the most like other technoprenuer such that of Bill Gates and other technoprenuer that rocks the world. This sad part of Steve Jobs is being so relax and not thinking that the enemy is lurking and just waiting for the right time to knock you out.
As for me, having faith in God in every step that I will make may seems to far from the topic but surely if Steve Jobs adhere in the principle of God it will held a different story. Actually, what Steve Jobs had done for pixar, the piracy of other’s work is not a crime to ponder it is being wise and those people that Steve Jobs took advantage with would be thankful and even we because without the effort and endeavors of Steve Jobs we are still ignorant about technology. So in every decision I will make and every move I will take, I will make it sure that it is mentioned in my prayer to God.
Lastly, there is no wrong in grabbing every opportunity. But if that opportunity will pose any harm to anyone then it is to be considered accordingly. Because there are opportunities that instead of benefiting you it will turn to be sure pit fall. Almost of the people of the world believes in luck, luck in business, luck in life, luck in relationship, and etc. but in my case who don’t believe on luck, will be considering my technoprenuership career to be sure and there is a target to be hit. Whether I hit the bullseye or not, it is not because I’m out of luck but because there things that needs to be dealt with for the sake of my operation in being successful. I have nothing to blame in every failures but myself so that I would be learning more and rectify the past mishap that I had done. And I have to bear in mind that I’m the one that will be orchestrating my career and I have to be professional enough to handle it.

And here are some of my articles as part of my endeavors in attaining to be a successful technoprenuer someday.


http://webupon.com/search-engines/money-and-google-adsense/
http://writinghood.com/online-writing/earning-articles-best-formula/
My affiliate site www.ericpapasit.info
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers



3. Would you take the same career path that Steve Jobs took? Why or why not?

Well, as the movie conspired it would be obvious to answer not but I will elaborate the more in my answers below so that I could be more specific not bias.
My answer to the last question is no! Because if I would chose the path of Steve Jobs then it will lead in perditions and even the path of Bill Gates that made his billions by piracy neither I would follow. The path that I would follow is my path for the sake of my Lord Jesus Christ and for my beloved country, I will try to straighten the crooked path of Steve Jobs and yet rectify the wrong of Bill Gates. I will try to live as if everyone is trustworthy, and I would apply the notion of what you sow is what you reap so I would be careful to my actions that I would not sow bad deeds because surely bad result I would reap. And in everything as a technoprenuer I have to be wise like a serpent and yet gentle as a dove.
But somehow I like the approach of both technoprenuer, they showcased their best in the beginning. Steve Jobs ideas and creative way in managing his business by even using his own garage to start his vision and goals and even convincing Woz his friend to decline from working in Hewlett Packard and partner him to success.
I would like to adopt the formula of Steve Jobs in a way that I would revise it into a better scale and also that would suite skills and needs. It may sound pirating from Steve Jobs but not the case, because there is nothing wrong to get ideas if it will apply to you. The reason for Steve Jobs’ ideas would be the fact of everyone is unique and also I have to consider the environment that I am going to establish my own goals. It is a matter that maybe Steve Jobs’ formula in being a successful technoprenuer will only work for him and not to other technoprenuer.
Lastly, after I watched the movie entitled Pirates of the Silicon Valley it enlighten me about almost everything pertaining about technoprenuership, it is fair to said that I feel this inner urge of vying the possibilities that a technoprenuer holds in his hand and also the excitement and thrill lingers in me because if Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are one of the successful technoprenuer in the world and made them successful in terms of earning money and lots of money, and so that would be possible to me also because I am a technoprenuer and I also believe that no technoprenuer would be less successful if he or she apply the fundamentals and right attitude as a technoprenuer, so more or less I could foresee that being a successful technoprenuer would mean a better future but in my case I would not distract myself in focusing about the riches that I could have but proving to myself that I could also be able to achieve my goals in life whether be as a technoprenuer or as a individual and of course it would be the grace of God that will bring me to my highest peak of success.
In my experience as I apply this technoprenuership(though I am not aware that it is technoprenuership though) I noticed that as Steve Jobs’ experience and even to other successful people in any field. The fact that in the beginning of your career it is the most difficult part when you are starting like in my endeavors in earning income online I once became so desperate in how to do it. But if you can find the best principle that can be applied to you and you passed the harder part of starting it then your reward will be flowing in the long run. Even as I write this peace I am worrying about my financial status due to the coming field trip as part of our curriculum and I must have at least $300 for the next three months. And also because as a student I can’t focus on any work and in addition I have just setup my career as a technoprenuer and earning for my first month nearly $10 and I have done tremendous work already but I believe that the true reward is still coming and I am projecting to have an income of at least $1000 per month in the near future if I will be consistent in my responsibility as a technoprenuer.
Actually, as I heard about technoprenuership the first thing that came to my mind was about having business through the use of technology but though it was my first attendance in the class and we yet in the first quarter of the semester, after I watched the movie my view about technoprenuership has been changed dramatically, technoprenuership goes behind business but it talks about life also. And yes as a technoprenuer success and wealth is not far from my reach but I have to be careful that I would be blinded by the clouds if I ever reach the peak of my goal as a technoprenuer and also technoprenuership is not about becoming an employee but about proprietorship, successful technoprenuer will become the owner not the employee. I can see that this subject will be interesting for me because I was once convinced that becoming an employee of a certain establish would not go longer but will be gone if you are not able anymore to do the task as you used to do when you are still younger. But technoprenuership can be related to business and business will go as far as it is managed by you, a responsible and wise technoprenuer.
Lastly I am thankful that I had the chance to see the past dealing of the two top technoprenuer around the world, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. Pirates of the Silicon Valley had opened my eyes in some especial way and I hope that someday my life also will be featured in the big screen not only because I am a technoprenuer but I am a better technoprenuer.

And here are some of my articles as part of my endeavors in attaining to be a successful technoprenuer someday.

http://webupon.com/search-engines/money-and-google-adsense/
http://writinghood.com/online-writing/earning-articles-best-formula/
My affiliate site www.ericpapasit.info
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers



* What is Technopreneurship?
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/369728/what_is_technopreneurship.html?cat=3

No comments:

Post a Comment